I’m so happy to introduce my guest author for November!!
*strikes up my own personalized rendition of “On Wisconsin” on my kazoo as I throw cheese squares* (uh, she’s from Wisconsin, folks 😛 )
Molly is a USA Today Best Selling Author of contemporary romance and she’s absolutely adorable! We met last fall when she very graciously took charge of the romance anthology Alphas & Fairytales that fifteen other authors and I, including Molly herself, contributed stories to, to benefit VETSports. So on top of writing her own story for it, she was organizing it all too. How awesome is she?!
Molly’s books are chock-full of HOT alpha males, and her characters are so realistic, you suddenly find yourself lost in their story actually thinking these are real people you’re reading about. I loved Ian and Lauren in her book Blink that was in the anthology. And I freaking loved Trent & Kinsey too from Bend (Vegas Heat, Book 1). Trent is the perfect blend of badass & alpha dude and Kinsey’s a woman in charge who doesn’t put up with a whole lot of crap. You want a hot couple to read? Go grab any of Molly’s books now! I’ll be reading more from her because she writes exactly the way I like to read, if that makes sense! ❤
Let’s find out more about Molly!
1. If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would you win a medal for?
Molly: Procrastinating, hands down. Molly Phelps. 16-time Olympic medalist for sitting on her ass. Boom! (bwahahaha I’m right there with you, sister)
2. What’s your go-to band when you can’t decide what to listen to?
Molly: Journey or REO Speedwagon. #80sgirl (Yaass! Van Halen–NOT Van Hagar–Metallica, Def Leppard)
3. What’s something you think everyone should do at least once in their lives?
Molly: Whoa. Not sure I can narrow this down to one thing 🙂 How about fall in love and experience heartbreak (so you can feel the full spectrum of love), take a trip just for yourself, and adopt a pet/save a life. (I’m so gonna do the trip!)
4. What’s something that a ton of people are obsessed with but you don’t get the point of?
Molly: Confession: I’ve never read the Fifty Shades or Twilight books. Never watched the movies either, and I have absolutely no reason for doing so. Just haven’t. 🙂
5. What are you looking forward to most in the next 10 years?
Molly: Great question! I hope to quit the day job and write full-time at some point between now and then, but I also can’t wait to see the cool things my kiddos do as they become adults!
6. What fad or trend do you wish would come back?
Molly: Hair bands. Except without the hair. Like, give me my screechy rock, but keep the spiral perms and bangs. (But…but…Jon Bon Jovi…)
7. What question do you most want to know the answer to?
Molly: When am I going to win the lottery? 🙂
8. PC or Mac?
Molly: Mac at home, PC at the day job.
9. Would you rather give up bathing for a month or give up the internet for a month? 😝
Molly: Bathing…duh! What kind of question is that!?
10. What’s your guilty pleasure on Netflix?
Molly: I only watch Netflix at my sister’s and we binge on cooking shows. I’m a totally Food Network junkie.
11. What’s one of your biggest pet peeves?
Molly: Being interrupted or someone trying to have a conversation over the top of mine. Grrr!
12. What was your favorite childhood book?
Molly: All things Nancy Drew!
13. What’s the first book that made you cry?
Molly: The better question is probably about the first book I DIDN’T cry over. I seriously get teary at toilet paper commercials. Give me an ounce of emotion and it’s a cryfest. (😂)
14. If you could market/sell only one of your books for the rest of your life, which would you choose and why?
Molly: Can’t Shake You, my very first book. In many ways, it’s the story of my heart. ❤ (Aw! I love that!)
15. Which character have you written that’s most like you?
Molly: I think they all have a little piece of me in them. 🙂
16. What do you munch on when writing?
Molly: I don’t munch much when I write…but I do guzzle fountain soda like a 1975 Pontiac guzzles gas. (😜)
17. What is your writing kryptonite?
Molly: Music! Either country ballads or gritty rock.
18. What one thing would you give up to become a better writer?
Molly: Um…nothing. I’m too selfish. (I guess maybe socks. I hate socks anyway. 😉 )
19. If you had to do something differently as a child or teenager to become a better writer as an adult, what would you do?
Molly: Just keep at it. Write whatever you want, without boundaries. Do it again and again and again.
20. Have you ever Googled yourself? 😉
Molly: The real me, yes. That chick is CRAZY! (😜)
21. Music or silence when you write?
Molly: Music usually.
22. Is there any other genre you’d like to try writing?
Molly: I’ll always write romance, but I may or may not have a few paranormal romance projects hanging around my hard drive. (I SO wanna do paranormal romance!)
23. What’s the most difficult thing about writing characters from the opposite sex?
Molly: Coming. Or is cumming? That looks freaking weird. lol (I vote “coming” 😛 ) I LOVE writing heroes, but since I’m not one, I always worry how wrong I actually am about the male big O.
24. If you could spend the day with one of your characters, who would it be and what would you do?
Molly: Josh Hudson. Because he’s hot, obvs. Wait, no…maybe Brody Nelson. He’s “bejeweled” and I want to try out that carnival ride.
25. How do you choose the names of your characters?
Molly: Just names that I like. Nothing too different, but nothing too “Mary Sue” either.
26. What does literary success look like to you?
Molly: Being able to write full-time and be financially stable. Maybe putting out 2-3 books a year.
27. Your latest book continues your River Bend Series. What got you into writing contemporary romance?
Molly: My last release was this summer. Boo to that! Can’t Let Go is the last book in my River Bend series, and I got started with small-town romance because I live in a small town and I have a very active imagination. My poor neighbors. lol ( 😛 )
28. What’s one thing you’d like readers to get out of your books?
Molly: Hopefully that I write “real” characters that they can connect with on several levels. (It’s true! I wasn’t making that up & I didn’t read your answer before saying that!)
29. What’s the best compliment you’ve gotten when it comes to your books?
Molly: That I’ve made readers cry. Knowing I’ve struck an emotional chord for someone is the best possible compliment.
30. Anything you’d like to say to your readers and fans?
Molly: Just a friendly reminder to take a few moments every single day for the ones you love. Hug them, kiss them, call them, think of them… Life is short and love is everything. ❤
31. Can you tell us what you’ve got coming up next?
Molly: Nope! It’s a super secret. 😉 But it’ll be here before the end of the year! 😀 (can’t wait to see what it is!)
Thank you so much for being my guest & for coming to my rescue & going earlier than you were supposed to, Molly! I appreciate it gobs! I wish you TONS of success & no writer’s block ever 😉 ❤
You can purchase Molly’s books on Amazon by clicking on her gorgeous cover below!
Connect with Molly!